Google Scholar does a pretty good job tracking my publications. Here’s a self-maintained list:
- Socolar, J.B. and D.S. Wilcove. in press. “Forest-type specialization strongly predicts avian responses to tropical agriculture.” Proc. Roy. Soc. B
- Edwards, D.P., J.B Socolar, S.C. Mills, Z. Burivalova, L.P. Koh, and D.S. Wilcove. in press. “Conservation of tropical forests in the Anthropocene.” Current Biology
- Socolar, J.B., E.H. Valderrama Sandoval, and D.S. Wilcove. 2019. “Overlooked biodiversity loss in tropical smallholder agriculture.” Conservation Biology https://doi.org/10.1111/cobi.13344 [pdf] [press]
- Socolar, J.B. 2019. “First record of Snethlage’s Tody-Tyrant (Hemitriccus minor pallens) from Peru’s Nanay River basin. Boletin UNOP 14: 6-7. [pdf]
- Socolar, J.B., J. Díaz-Alván, P. Saboya del Castillo, L. Pomara, B. O’Shea, S. Cubas Poclin, D. Stotz, F. Schmitt, D. Graham, B. Carnes, and E. Ruelas Inzunza. 2018. “Noteworthy bird records from northeastern Peru reveal connectivity and isolation in the western Amazonian avifauna.” Wilson Journal of Ornithology 130: 94-111.
- Socolar, J.B., P. Epanchin, S. Beissinger, and M.W. Tingley. 2017. “Phenological shifts conserve thermal niches in North American birds and reshape expectations for climate-driven range shifts.” PNAS 114: 12976-12981. [pdf] [press] [press] [press] [press]
- Díaz-Alván, J., J.B. Socolar, and J. Álvarez Alonso. 2017. “Avifauna of the río Tigre basin, northern Perú.” Ornitologia Neotropical 28: 11-21.
- Socolar, J.B., J. Gilroy, W. Kunin, and D. Edwards. 2016. “Sparse data necessitate explicit treatment of beta-diversity: A reply to Bush et al.” Trends in Ecology and Evolution 31: 338-339.
- Socolar, J.B., J. Gilroy, W. Kunin, and D. Edwards. 2016. “How should beta-diversity inform biodiversity conservation?” Trends in Ecology and Evolution 31: 67-80.
- Pellegrini, A.F., J.B. Socolar, P. Elsen, and X. Giam. 2016. “Tradeoffs between savanna woody plant diversity and carbon storage in the Brazilian Cerrado.” Global Change Biology 10: 3373-3382.
- Socolar. J.B. and A. Washburne. 2015. “Prey carrying capacity modulates the effect of predation on prey diversity.” American Naturalist 186: 333-347.
- Socolar, S.J., S. Robinson, and J. Terborgh. 2013. “Bird diversity and specialist bird occurrence in two bamboo die-offs in southeastern Peru.” Condor 115: 253-262.
- Socolar, S.J., O. Gonzalez, and G. Forero-Medina. 2013. “Noteworthy bird records from the northern Cerros del Sira, Peru.” Cotinga 35: 24-36.
- Forero-Medina, G., J. Terborgh, S.J. Socolar, and S. Pimm. 2011. “Elevational preferences of birds on a tropical montane gradient lag behind warming temperatures.” PLoS One 6(12): e28535. [pdf]
- Socolar, S.J. and D. Wilcove. 2013. Threatened Birds. In: Levin, S.A. (ed.) Encyclopedia of Biodiversity, 2nd edition, Volume 7, pp. 180-190. Waltham, Ma: Academic Press.
- Lees, A.C. and Socolar, J.B. 2016 “Will we soon see another wave of bird extinctions in the Americas?” The Conversation. [online] Also run by iflScience, Business Insider.
- Socolar, J. (2018). Mishana Tyrannulet (Zimmerius villarejoi), version 1.0. In Neotropical Birds Online (T. S. Schulenberg, Editor). Cornell Lab of Ornithology, Ithaca, NY, USA. Online